This is a members' club. We are approximately 300 strong. Bridge is played in a converted chapel, built in 1884.
The chapel was originally owned by Mr & Mrs LW Head, along with the building on the same site, then a guest house. They sold to Evelyn and Tommy Ricardo, two Welsh internationals. Players used to dress for dinner, have an evening meal in the house and then stroll across to the chapel to play bridge. The Ricardos sold to Iris Curry, she sold to Derek Boreham and he sold to the members.